Cherry tomatoes are a delightful summer harvest, but what do you do if you have an abundance of these tiny, flavorful jewels from your garden or farmers’ market? In this article, we will learn about what to do with tons of cherry tomatoes.
What To Do With Tons Of Cherry Tomatoes?
- Savor Them Fresh: When you have an abundance of cherry tomatoes, eating them raw is the easiest and most delicious way to savor them. Their sweetness and juiciness make them an ideal snack, salad topping, or sandwich ingredient.
- Prepare some Cherry Tomato Salsa: Make a piquant salsa with your excess cherry tomatoes. Dice them with red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch of jalapeno to create a refreshing dip with tortilla crackers or grilled meats.
- Caramelized Cherry Tomatoes: What an easy-to-prepare side dish that is delectable! Roasted cherry tomatoes are extraordinarily flavorful. In addition, they pair well with a vast array of other vegetables and proteins. Although not required, they burn more quickly and taste better when split in half. By dividing them before roasting, the fruit’s flesh is thoroughly roasted.
- Pasta with Roasted Cherry Tomato: Roasting cherry tomatoes and incorporating them into pasta dishes is one of the simplest and most flavorful ways to utilize them. For a delicious and satisfying entrée, toss roasted cherry tomatoes with cooked pasta, fresh basil, garlic, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Tomato Preserves: Making cherry tomato marmalade will preserve the essence of summer. Simmer with sugar, balsamic vinegar, and a hint of seasonings until the mixture thickens into a delectable spread. Spread it on toast, combine it with cheese, or glaze broiled meats.
- Caprese Skewers: As an appetizer-sized Caprese salad, skewer cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves for an upscale aperitif, drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Tomato-based salads: Nothing screams summer more than crisp salads. And nothing utilizes tomatoes faster than a tomato salad. Cucumber, onion, tomato, and mozzarella salads are our go-to salads.
- Cherry Tomato Bruschetta: Baguette slices are topped with a mélange of cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, and olive oil. This traditional bruschetta is a crowd-pleaser.
- Create Your Own Tomato Sauce: Make a sauce from cherry tomatoes that can be used as a base for pasta dishes, pizzas, or casseroles. Customise with your preferred spices and herbs.
- Cherry Tomato and Mozzarella Galette: Prepare a rustic galette with tomato slices, mozzarella, and fresh seasonings. The flaky pastry and savory filling create a magnificent and delectable dish.
- Infused Oils: Place cherry tomatoes and herbs in a vial of olive oil to create infused oils. This fragrant oil can be drizzled on salads or used as a bread dressing.
- Tomato And Feta Stuffed Peppers: Stuff bell peppers with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, breadcrumbs, and herbs. Bake until both the peppers and the filling are tender and golden brown.
- Cherry Tomato Quiche: Add divided cherry tomatoes to the egg, cream, cheese, and herb quiche filling. The outcome is a delicious dish suitable for brunch or dinner.
- Tomato Decoration For Cocktails And Drinks: Use a cherry tomato as a distinctive and flavorful garnish for your drinks. They perform surprisingly well in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Tomato Jam: Simmer cherry tomatoes with sugar, ginger, and spices to create a tangy and mildly spicy jam. Spread it on sandwiches or serve it with cheese for a contrasting flavor.
- Picante Salsa: Traditional salsa is always thicker and chunkier, calling for a tomato with more meat. However, if you prefer picante-style salsa, a large harvest of cherry tomatoes is precisely what the doctor prescribed!
- Sun Dried Tomatoes: One of the best methods to preserve cherry tomatoes for later use is by drying them in the sun. If you reside in a dry, sunny region, you can place cherry tomato halves on baking sheets in the sun and allow them to dry independently.
Thanks for reading.